The Ten Virtues of Incense
Lighting a stick or two of incense in the evenings is an easy way to relax and refresh yourself after a hard day’s work. Some of you incense afficianados may already be familiar with these “virtues of incense.” However for those of you who aren’t, I thought our version – updated for a contemporary audience – might be of interest. Enjoy!
The Ten Virtues Of Incense
- heightens your awareness
- refreshes mind and body
- purifies the environment
- increases alertness
- is a companion in solitude
- used everyday, it harms no one
- does not change with age
- when it is plentiful, one never tires of it
- when there is little, it is still enough
- brings a moment of peace amidst a weary world
These virtues were originally compiled in the 16th century. We’ve slightly updated them for contemporary times but they remain as true today as they were then.